Robyn qualified as a Solicitor in 2004. She undertook her training at regional firm IBB Solicitors and qualified into the Serious Crime team. In 2006 she moved to the London office of national law firm Irwin Mitchell as a solicitor (& later a senior Associate) in the Business Crime and Regulatory team.
During her career, Robyn has focussed on providing high-quality legal advice to individuals and corporates facing criminal prosecutions from a variety of sources including the CPS, SFO and FCA.
She has worked in all core areas of general criminal practice with a particular focus on high-value complex prosecutions. Robyn has notable work in the following fields:
- General crime – homicide, kidnap, robbery, harassment, sexual offenses, indecent images.
- White Collar crime – fraud, insider dealing (including the first FCA multi-jurisdictional prosecution) and market abuse.
- Health and Safety – Robyn have represented individuals facing criminal proceedings under the HSWA 1974 including a complex prosecution connected to fatalities in the mining industry and separately a gas explosion at a retirement home. She also worked on the connected inquest proceedings.
- Appeal – advice on conviction and sentence
- Confiscation – Robyn also has vast experience of confiscation proceedings under POCA, including an appeal to the European Courts. She has represented individuals facing complex confiscation proceedings with substantial benefit figures up to and including full POCA hearings. Robyn has also negotiated confiscation orders where matters are not fully contested.
Alongside her extensive criminal work, Robyn has also represented numerous professionals in front of their relevant regulatory bodies. Robyn specializes in representing medical professionals under investigation by the GMC/MPTS. She has represented Senior Managers within the NHS, Consultants, registrars and medical students from the opening of an investigation through to a final hearing.
Robyn prides herself on building open and confident relationships with her clients based on clear communication, expectation setting and deciphering legal terminology in what is a stressful time.
Robyn was a founding member of the Female Fraud Forum (& held the position of Treasurer), an active member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association (Membership secretary) and also of the City of London Associates Committee.